The Early Christian Catacombs of Porta d’Ossuna in Palermo date back to around the 4th-5th century AD. Their name derives from their location near Porta d’Ossuna, which took its name from the Duke of Ossuna Pietro Giron.
They were only discovered in 1785, when work began on the construction of the Convento delle Cappuccinelle, not far from the city. The Catacombs consist of loculi, galleries and corridors all pointing westwards and they were once all painted.
Among the findings there is a particular funerary inscription dedicated to a little girl, which is now, however, preserved in the Antonio Salinas Archaeological Museum.