The Museum of Archaeology of the University of Catania is located inside Palazzo Ingrassia, in the Department of Humanities, on the ground floor.
It was inaugurated in 2015 and inside are exhibits from the protohistoric and prehistoric periods to the medieval period.
It was Paolo Orsi (director of the Archaeological Museum of Syracuse), in 1898, who first donated ten finds from Mègara Hyblaea to the Cabinet of Archaeology of Catania.
Later, by Guido Libertini, the exhibition was expanded with 21 plaster casts of ancient statuary, previously owned by Giulio Emanuele Rizzo. When Libertini died, all his ancient objects and personal library were also formally donated in 1953.